|OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS| Mi Querido Barrio Augmented Reality Exhibition
?Mi Querido Barrio? is a project presented by the Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute that will use augmented reality technology to map a historic and cultural tour of El Barrio. Our main goal is to foster greater awareness of the cultural history of the area?s landmark locations that identify the unique places of El Barrio. The works of artists in both traditional media and augmented reality will explore the theme of home and its varied definitions. CCCADI will be identifying four artists to participate in this augmented reality project. The project will be launching this Fall 2016 as part of the grand opening of CCCADI?s new home in El Barrio.
- Visual and Media Artists with a wide range of skills including strong computer and media skills.
- Visual and Media Artists with a strong interest in bringing their artistic styles into this very spatial and experiential medium are welcomed to apply.
21 and older visual and/or media artists with a flexible schedule on the weekends, interested in learning how to use new technologies for education and cultural preservation purposes.
? Be comfortable using computers
? Attend workshop on Saturday, July 16, from 10am-3pm
? Be committed to create minimum 2 augments
? Be committed to meet deadlines
? Be a team player and be willing to support and work with other artists in the group.
Participants will receive a stipend of $500 for successful projects completion.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in participating in the Mi Querido Barrio project, please send in the following materials:
1. A Letter of Interest of no more than a page in length which outlines your skills and background as an artist and why you want to participate in this project
2. A one to two-page resume/cv
3. A sample of your work preferably in digital form.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Regina Bultron Bengoa - Rbultron@cccadi.org, using the following subject line: Mi Querido Barrio Artist Application